Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
|Click here to Apply|
DEADLINE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOVEMBER 1.
AGC MA and the Massachusetts Construction Advancement Program (MCAP) gives out scholarship awards each year to deserving men and women who are enrolled in a construction or civil engineering degree program. The deadline to submit applications is November 1. Please contact Kara Cady with any questions.
- Applicants must be attending a college or university in Massachusetts or be a resident of Massachusetts, attending college in any state.
- Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited college or university. The program must be related to construction, construction technology, construction engineering, civil engineering, or construction management.
- Candidates may be either full or part-time students. Part-time students must be enrolled in at least two construction or civil engineering related courses within the same semester.
- Applicants may apply each year that they meet the above eligibility requirements. Previous award recipients are eligible to reapply with the condition that they also meet the eligibility requirements.
- Financial need is not a criteria for eligibility but will be considered.
- Scholarships will be awarded in amounts determined by the AGC/MCAP Selection Panel.
- Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by the AGC/MCAP Selection panel, which will consider the applicant's interest in construction, grades and extracurricular activities.
- Award winners will be notified by email.
- Checks will be made payable to the award winners and will be presented upon evidence to the AGC/MCAP Selection Panel that the student has registered for the ensuing year.
AGC MA is a professional construction association representing firms that provide building construction services for commercial and institutional clients in the Commonwealth. AGC offers it's members the opportunity to develop a better business climate through advocacy, labor relations, safety, education, topical programs, trends and interest group discussions.
MCAP - The Massachusetts Construction Advancement Program is a non-profit organization that provides services to the construction industry including educational opportunities for its workforce and students interested in careers in construction. MCAP is funded through contractor contributions required in collective bargaining agreements with certain building trade unions.